In the browser war, Google Chrome has been increasingly positioning itself as the future winner. With updates followed, an impressive speed to interpret the most modern code and the backing of a titan like Google, this browser is becoming the favorite. But that's not all: it also has a huge extension market to customize our experience on the web, which has everything in it, from aggregates to manage social networks to different ways of taking screenshots and taking notes. In itself, Google Chrome is quite complete. In fact, so complete that there are probably things that you did not know about it, and that can really be used to increase our productivity or have a different and more satisfactory navigation experience.
Chrome Download for Windows 7, Windows 10 and PC
You can download Chrome from its official page and from Google Play Store App.
You can install browser Google Chrome on PC, MAC, Android and Iphone devices.
Google Chrome extensions
Therefore, today we are going to tell you about 10 ways in which you can take advantage of Google Chrome that you probably did not know. Of course, we do not want to generalize, and it is possible that many of you are already using these functionalities. But for those who do not know them, or have just migrated to this fantastic browser, it will be an excellent way to discover new things.
- Account synchronization: with Google Chrome we can synchronize our extensions and bookmarks by creating an account and then synchronizing it between different devices. Thus, we will never lose our favorite pages or work that we use every day, even when we change computers, or we have to work from a computer that is not ours.
- Using the iPad interface: do we want to replicate the iPad's mobile experience on our own computer? We can also do it. All pages that have an optimized version for Apple's mobile device can be viewed in the same way on the computer. You have to follow some very simple steps that are arranged in Guiding Tech.
- Task Manager: with Chrome we also have access to a task manager to know exactly what resources we are consuming on certain pages. Chrome treats each one of the tabs that we have open as if it were a process, in order to eliminate one if it has a problem. With the task manager that is accessed from the Chrome Tools, we can see all this. There is also a keyboard shortcut, with Shift + Esc.
- The search bar: one of the most notorious features of Chrome is its impressive search bar. It allows us to do mathematical calculations and search within a certain site (which we can also configure from the browser tools) to save steps when we are in a hurry.
- Drag and drop downloads: Chrome downloads are located in a special bottom bar that we can close at any time. In order to move the files from place, we just have to select one of the ones in that bar, and move it to the folder we want. Data: to access old downloads from Chrome, we have to enter in the navigation bar: chrome: // downloads.
- Fix a tab: through its Pin function, Chrome allows us to keep a tab always in the same position, so as not to accidentally lose it, move it from place or close it. With the functionality of Pin, for example, we can always have the pages that we use always open, such as Gmail or Facebook. This is accessed by right clicking on the tab, and selecting "Pin tab" or "fix tab".
- Hide tabs: are we looking at something wrong that lowers productivity at work and our boss approaches? We do not have to despair: pressing F4 in Chrome, the tabs will be hidden. To do so, we need to have installed an extension called Panic Button, which will allow us to hide some tabs or all of them.
- Move tabs in and out of a window: another of the most practical features offered by Chrome is the ability to move the tabs inside and outside a certain window. To get them out of a window, we simply have to drag them "out" of their area, and a new window will be created. To be able to add them again, we repeat the same process, but pressing the Ctrl button on the keyboard.
- Incognito mode: to protect our browsing data, Chrome also offers us an incognito mode that can be activated easily. We just have to right click on the top bar and select the creation of a new incognito tab. With a keyboard shortcut, it can also be opened. Some extensions make use and abuse of incognito mode, so we can take advantage of it in multiple ways.
- Pasting text only: when we copy text from a web page, we are not only copying what is written. We are also taking away with no